Leave a Meaningful Legacy
Estate planning is a vital component of a well-thought-out financial plan. The goal is to guide the distribution of your assets after your death in order to protect your family and leave behind a legacy of thoughtfulness and caring.
Creating a solid estate plan also benefits you directly: Knowing that you have put a plan in place to help your family after you’re gone provides you with peace of mind.
Besides detailing where and how your worldly goods will be distributed, a comprehensive estate plan allows you to:
- Offer instructions and/or funds for your care and treatment if you become disabled.
- Name a guardian for minor children.
- Help family members with special needs.
- Continue aiding charitable causes that you support.
- Set up trusts with various purposes.
- Shield family members from creditors.
- Provide life insurance, disability income insurance, or long-term care insurance for your family in case you become ill or suffer injury.
- Provide for the transfer of your business when you retire, die, or become disabled.
- Minimize taxes, court costs, and unnecessary legal fees after you die.
At Berkson Asset Management, we conduct estate planning within the context of an overall wealth management strategy. For those with complex estates, we partner with select estate attorneys and legal experts to meet your specific needs.
Serving the Los Angeles Metro Area
Take the first step to building your legacy and protecting your loved ones. Contact us to schedule a chat about how we can help identify and address your estate planning needs.
Learn about our other wealth management services: